It feels like suspended animation at the moment. All through the practice sessions this week the weather has been glorious. But tomorrow, when racing is due to start and I am scheduled to open the live broadcast at 11am, the forecast is for wet, cold and windy weather. If it works out like that, they will postpone the races till Sunday. They have promised a decision at 7.30am, rather like a course inspection in horse racing. So, I have spent several hours in my room overlooking Douglas Bay working on a commentary that probably won't happen tomorrow.
Already we know that the big highlight of tomorrow's schedule, a parade lap of the TT course by Valentino Rossi, won't take place. Because of the forecast, Rossi has been postponed till Monday.
We are all on tenterhooks waiting for news about Cameron Donald. Cameron sensationally won two races last year and this time he has clocked an unofficial lap record in excess of 131 mph in practice. This evening he crashed at Keppel Gate which is on the descent from the mountain. He was taken to hospital by helicopter. No further details have been announced, so we all wait and hope.